Rafter and ceiling cleaning removes dust, dirt, grease, and other materials commonly found on the high surfaces of manufacturing and production facilities.
Why should you have your rafters and high ceilings cleaned?
- Vibrations in the facility can shake built up dust loose, causing it to contaminate the production below.
- Piles of dust and dirt can become breeding grounds for mites, mold, bacteria, viruses, and other pollutants.
- Some dusts can become a fire hazard when built up on high surface areas. Numerous explosions have occurred when built up dust created an explosive dust cloud.
- OSHA & the NFPA can give violations and fines for having unsafe levels on dust on ceilings and rafters.
- Chunks of this collected debris can enter the ventilation and clog up the HVAC system.
- Can cause odors and break down the surface it’s on, causing rust or rot.
- Aesthetic reasons, visible dirt collected on surfaces can make a workplace unattractive.
- To prepare surfaces for painting or other maintenance work.
- Creates poor indoor air quality, which according to the EPA is a leading environmental threat and cause of airborne sickness.
We specialize in cleaning projects for commercial and industrial facilities, and we’re focused on safety. Our technicians are OSHA trained, experienced working on high surfaces, and we’re experts in combustible dust safety. Click here to find out if your facility’s dust could be combustible.
Our Commercial and Industrial High Surface Cleaning Services include:
- Ceiling Truss
- Exterior of ductwork
- Exhaust hood ventilation
- Storage racks/shelving
- Fire suppression systems
- Ceiling Deck
- And other elevated structural components
Before & After
You can keep your working environment safe and avoid quality control problems with rafter and ceiling cleaning from Hughes Environmental. And, with good coordination and scheduling, high surface cleaning doesn’t have to wait for shutdown.